India is the land of dishes. We Indians have lots of recipes to cook. To cook the various Indian dishes that have been with us for ages, we also need the necessary cookware for the same. From pressure cookers to brass pans to biryani handi there is a wide variety of cookware at every Indian’s home. However, hard-anodized cookware can, too, be a great option.
- 1 Choose The Right Hard-Anodized Cookware In India— The Buying Guide
- 2 5 Best Hard-Anodized Cookware in India
- 3 How Long Does Hard-anodized Cookware Last?
- 4 Advantages of Hard Anodized Cookware
- 5 Drawbacks of Hard-Anodized Cookware
- 6 How Is Hard-Anodized Cookware Different From Stainless Steel?
- 7 What Is The Difference Between Anodized And Hard-Anodized?
- 8 Does Hard-anodized Cookware Have Teflon Coating On Them?
- 9 Our Verdict on Hard Anodized Cookwares in India
Cookware is an age-old utility that is ever made by man. Right from the time when we learned how to cook food, we noticed the importance of cookware. Starting with those made up of earth and wood, we used many metals for making this cookware. For centuries together, we used iron and other metals in cookware making. However, all these have one or the other cons. Earthen cookware is fragile, and iron is prone to rust. This led us to look for such a method that provides us with proper cookware. Hard-Anodized cookware is one of them.
Hard-anodized cookware is nothing but those that are made up of strengthened anodized aluminium. How is aluminium hardened? The soft aluminium is hardened electrochemically by putting it through the process of electrolysis. As a result of this, aluminium becomes twice as hard as that of stainless steel. The added advantage is that the oxidation makes it non-stick and remains non-reactive with the food being cooked. This is the reason Hard-Anodized cookware demands less or no oil at all while cooking.
Well, let us now see a few factors to be considered before buying the best hard anodized cookware in India.
Choose The Right Hard-Anodized Cookware In India— The Buying Guide
While choosing the right Hard-Anodized cookware, you must ponder some crucial factors to stay focused on the one you need. Let us look into each aspect in detail.
These were a few considerations to buy hard-anodized cookware. Now to ease your cooking needs we have selected a few best hard anodized tawa, cooker, handi, kadai, etc.
5 Best Hard-Anodized Cookware in India
Having checked the various buying factors and the features you should look out for while buying good hard-anodized cookware in India, here are some of the top choices that you can pick out from –
|Futura Hard-Anodized Handi Saucepan||Hawkins||Handi, Saucepan||3 litres||
|Hard-Anodized cookware Induction Base Paratha Tawa||Prestige||Chapati Tawa, Dosa Tawa||26 cms (Diameter)||
|Hard-Anodized Deep Kadai||Sumeet||Deep fry, Shallow Fry||1.5 litres||
|Hard-Anodized Urli pot Ringer shaped||Coconut||Deep fry, Shallow fry, Handi, Saucepan||1 litre||
|Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12- Piece Cookware Set||Amazon Basics||NA||NA||
These were a few best hard anodized cookwares available in India serving different cooking needs in your kitchen. Now let us know few facts on hard anodized vessels.
Advantages of Hard Anodized Cookware
Here are some significant advantages of Hard-Anodized cookware:
- They are Durable: Hard-Anodized cookware is hard and is thus durable. The layer of oxide formed during the process of oxidation makes it more robust and rugged. This is the reason it has a lesser probability of damage.
- They are Heat Conductive: The Hard-Anodized cookware is high heat conductive. It has the ability for fast and even heating, making it unique among other options available in the market. It takes less time to heat and thus faster cooking.
- They are Scratch Resistant: It is scratch-resistant. We often encounter constant wear and tear of the spatulas and spoons of the cookware. When you use Hard-Anodized cookware, there is no need to worry about scratches occurring. They are believed to retain the smoothness of the surface with time.
- They are stacking compatible: The way of placing the cookware is different in different homes. Hard-Anodized cookware comes in handy to be placed almost anywhere. Since they are scratch-proof, there is no restriction for them to be stacked at any corner of the kitchen
- No leaching problem: Many people believe that metals like aluminium leach into the food gradually while cooking. This is not healthy in long-term consideration. However, you need not worry about this problem in Hard-Anodized cookware. These come with a hard oxidized layer on them, making it impossible to leach into food.
- They redefine versatility: There are no restrictions to cook in Hard-Anodized cookware. Hard-Anodized Cookware can quickly cook even delicate items like fish and eggs with minimum oil. Moreover, their surface is such that they can be easily cleaned and thus low on maintenance.
- They add to healthier cooking: Hard-Anodized cookware needs less or no oil, doesn’t leach metal and thus leads to healthier cooking.
Drawbacks of Hard-Anodized Cookware
Like everything else in the world, hard-anodized cookware too has its own share of drawbacks. Some of which are –
- Exterior stains: A common complaint about Hard-Anodized cookware is that they are prone to permanent exterior stains. These are caused when the ingredients spill to the sides over time. This doesn’t add to the problem in cooking. However, degradation in appearance is not preferable.
- They are heavy: No matter what Hard-Anodized cookware you choose, they would be heavier than the same cookware made with other materials. Due to electrolysis, the aluminium gets thicker and thus bulkier than regular cookware. However, if you have no problem with this, you can continue their use.
- They are expensive: Hard-Anodized cookware is not only bulkier but is also expensive compared to other alternatives. Depending upon the brands and the utility offered, these may cost many folds more than its alternatives.
- Generally not Dishwasher safe: The durability mainly depends on factors like quality and maintenance. Thus, putting this cookware in the dishwasher would degrade their life. As time passes, the external layer may get prone to wearing down
- Appearance: Hard-Anodized cookwares are generally constrained in colours. They are available in black and charcoal grey colours only. Whereas we can get several options in the alternatives. This generally should not be a problem, but it is for people who are looking for fancy cookware to complement their kitchen aesthetics.
What Is The Difference Between Anodized And Hard-Anodized?
The process behind the making of anodized and Hard-Anodized is probably the same. However, their physical traits are something that differentiates them. Anodized cookware is thinner compared to Hard-anodized cookware. Thus, the durability of Hard-Anodized cookware is more excellent. Moreover, the surface of the anodized cookware is smoother, and the surface of the Hard-Anodized cookware is rugged.
Does Hard-anodized Cookware Have Teflon Coating On Them?
Teflon is a specified coating given on cookware to make them non-sticky. These coatings are used on cookware made of iron and other materials. But these coatings are not needed in Hard-Anodized cookware. Thanks to the default non-sticky feature of Hard-Anodized cookware that requires no special coating for the same. Thus you can use these cookwares without worrying about the ill-effects of Teflon.
Our Verdict on Hard Anodized Cookwares in India
Hard-Anodized cookware is a great option. Especially because it gives the user a lot of benefits regarding durability, sustainability, and size. There are a lot of similar cookware options to choose from. We hope that this buying guide for the 5 best Hard-Anodized cookware in India helped you.